Welcome to MCSK - Music Copyright Society of Kenya
Press Release on 30M PPP Distribution
It was all good news for the MCSK and its members as the Society declared its distribution at the same week when the Kenya Copyright Board ( KECOBO ) was renewing the MCSK license . This marked improved performance by MCSK which complied with the terms for renewal of its license and key amongst the terms was condition on increased distribution to members .
The MCSK has declared the delayed June 2015 SCIENTIFIC PPP distribution of kshs 30.3 million . The declaration relates to the revenue collected between April to June 2015 and has been apportioned using log sheets obtained from the new monitoring system " VERICAST " as adopted by MCSK .
Secular music has regained the top position which had previously been dominated by Gospel music with SAUTI SOL emerging as the highest earners and most popular group during the period April to June 2015 . Closely following SAUTI Sol was BAHATI who emerged as number two and reaffirmed the presence of Gospel music with WILLY PAUL at number 4 . At number three was vernacular singer LADY WANJA who is a sister to the LATE QUEEN JANE with another vernacular singer MUM CHEROP rounding up the top five highest earners and most popular artistes based on air play logs in Kenya for the period APRIL to JUNE 2015 .
The full list of the top ten LOCAL ARTISTS is as follows ;
Notice to all MCSK Members
Notice is hereby given that MCSK shall be holding Seminars within ALL the Regions.
The agenda items shall be as follows:-
- 1.Introduction of the newly elected Directors.
- 2.Demonstration of the workings of the new monitoring system (Vericast).
- 3.Education of the members on the Digital Rights Management (DRM).
- 4.Launching of the Mechanical Rights Agreement and enlightenment of members on its contents.
- 5.Payment of the General Distribution Coefficient of KES.5000.
- 6.Auditing and Vetting of members.
The dates and venues for the meetings is as listed:-
DATE REGION VENUE
22nd to 24th July 2015 RIFT VALLEY REGION CHRIST THE KING CATHEDRAL-NAKURU
27th to 29TH July 2015 WESTERN REGION FRIENDS HOTEL-KAKAMEGA
5th to 7th August 2015 NYANZA REGION JUMUIA HOTEL-KISUNU
11th to 13th August 2015 EASTERN REGION LYSAK HAVEN PARK-MACHAKOS
18th to 20th August 2015 COAST REGION METHODIST CHURCH HALL-TONONOKA
25TH to 27th August 2015 CENTRAL REGION YMCA HALL- NYERI
9TH to 11th Sept 2015 NAIROBI REGION NYAYO STADIUM; BASKETBALL COURT
1. The allocation of activities within the regions will be as follows:-
Day 1 - Regional Seminar.
Day 2 and 3 – Auditing and Vetting Exercise.
Customer Care Assistant
We are seeking to fill the position of Customer Care Assistant in each of our regional offices i.e Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu, Bungoma, Nakuru, Machakos, Nyeri and at our Head office in Nairobi .
It is a one year contract renewable based on performance.
- Monitor Vericast (monitoring system)
- Issue member’s statements
- Uploading artists’ works to the head office
- Updating members’ details e.g. Bank accounts, email addresses, telephone numbers etc
- Dispatching correspondence and other documents
- Handling General distributions (payments)
- Handling medical and other claims
- Handling all member questions and issues within the regional level
JOB SPECIFICATION QUALIFICATION & REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of Higher Diploma in Business management OR IT
- 2 years of experience in a customer service environment, primarily focused on customer care.
- Excellent organization and time management skill
- Strong analytic skills and comfort in PC based reporting systems and processes
- Ability to maintain productivity under pressure and to multitask effectively
- Must have superior coaching, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Tact, diplomacy and sensitivity
- Computer literate
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
The Chief Executive Officer
Music copyright Society of Kenya Maua Close,
Off Parklands Rd, Westlands
P.O BOX 14806-00800
To be received not later than 16th July 2015. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.