Welcome to MCSK - Music Copyright Society of Kenya
R-KAY KING OF 2015 BROADCASTING ROYALTIES , SAUTI SOL TOP GROUP
Music Composer , Arranger , Producer and performer ROBERT KAMANZI AKA R KAY , has emerged as the highest earner in the Broadcasting category for Royalties paid out by the MUSIC COPYRIGHT SOCIETY OF KENYA , MCSK . The number one position was previously held by the Late Angela Chibalonza , who was the highest earner in the last distribution declared in December 2014 and was placed second in the February declarations thus reaffirming the dominance by gospel artistes . Gloria Muliro was placed at number three .
It is however to be noted that SAUTI SOL would have been the highest earners if their royalties were not divided amongst the four(4) group members . This is to say if Sauti Sol earnings were consolidated to one artist , then Sauti Sol would be the highest earners .
The royalties paid were declared in Feb 28 th 2015 and relate to the broadcasting logs received for the period 1st July 2013 to 30 th June 2014 .
Notice on MCSK Distribution
Music Copyright Society of Kenya (MCSK) would like to notify its members of the following: -
- That the Society shall be distributing royalties for broadcasting class as per the distribution rules of the Society effective from 27th February 2015 and to run up to 30th, April 2015.
- That due to a delay in acquisition of log sheets, Royalty Payments to members bank accounts will be effected on 31st March 2015
- That the amounts available for broadcasting distribution is 28,044,484.20 (Twenty eight million forty four thousand four hundred & eighty four shillings & twenty cents)
(Kindly note that the amounts indicated were tabulated from broadcasters that submitted license fees to MCSK during the period July 2013 to June 2014)
- That we are using log sheets and data on music usage obtained from Broadcasters & MCSK’s digital monitoring service.
- All members whose musical works were broadcast between July 2013 & June 2014 will be contacted and all royalties shall be transferred into member’s preferred Bank accounts
- The log sheets applied will be posted on our website (www.mcsk.or.ke).
Members of MCSK can now confirm Music monitoring status by following steps indicated below:-
- STEP 1. On the MCSK website www.mcsk.or.ke, go to the Monitored Works tab and click on the monitored works link on the menu
- STEP 2. On the MCSK Music search portal, log in using your membership number as the user name and the access code. Each MCSK name is the user name.
- STEP 3. Carefully search for your music works from the database and verify that all your music is being monitored
- STEP 4. In case any of your music is not monitored, immediately compose an email and attach your music in mp3 format
- STEP 5. Then download the New works declaration form from downloads page on the mcsk website which you should carefully fill and attach a scanned copy to the composed email
NB: Members are still free to submit their musical works to the various MCSK offices
- ALL MEMBERS ARE OBLIGATED TO ENSURE ALL THEIR MUSIC IS MONITORED BY FOLLOWING THE ABOVE STEPS.
NOTE: All members are asked to update their works & Bank details by calling our customer care desk on 0730200236/0713032265
By Order of the Board
MAURICE MWANDE OKOTH
Notice on MCSK Elections
Pursuant to article 50 (a) of MCSK’s Articles of Association and Rule (a) of the Election Rules for the Governing Council, qualified members who wish to vie for seat in the Governing Council are notified as follows;
- 1)That nomination papers can be collected from the Regional offices of the Society with effect from the date of this notice.
- 2)Duly completed Nomination Forms should be deposited in the “Nominations Box” at the head office not later than Twelve (12) noon on Friday 13th March 2015.
- 3)Elections will be held in the respective Regions on 21st April 2015 and the Annual General Meeting will be held on 30th April 2015. The specific venues for the said meetings to be announced later.
- 4)Pursuant to Article 32(b) (i) and (ii) the number of vacancies are Two (2) for Nairobi Region, and One(1) each for the following Regions;
- Eastern and North Eastern
- Rift valley
NB: Those vying for vacancies in other regions other than Nairobi must be either an Author or a Composer.
- 5)Under Article 33, Candidates shall;
- Be members of the Society for a continuous period of four (4) years, (that is up to membership number 4619.
- Have been a member of the region they wish to vie for at least six (6) months prior to date of this notice.
- Submit a certificate of good conduct by 31st March 2015.
- 6)Candidates are also required to submit Curriculum Vitae (CV), Testimonials, Academic Certificates and a copy of Identity Card together with Nomination Forms
- 7)Next of kin members are not qualified to vie for membership in the Governing Council but are qualified to vote. Only those who were full members by 31st March 2014 will be qualified to vote, (that is up to membership number 8393.
- 8)Voting will be on the basis of “one man one vote”.
NB: Copies of the Memorandum and Articles of Association, Election Rules and the Nomination Forms can be downloaded from the MCSK website, www.mcsk.or.ke.
By order of the Governing Council.
CS Martha Maina,