We would like to notify our members the following: -
- That the society shall be making distribution of royalties for performances in public places (PPP) class as per the distribution rules of the society, effective from 1st March 2017 and run up to 30th May 2017.
- That the Amounts declared for General Distribution of Feb 2017 is 25,000,000.00 (Twenty-five million shillings only)
- That we are using log sheets and data on music usage obtained from the new Monitoring platform VERICAST
- That we are using data for the period beginning 1st March 2016 TO 31st December 2016
- That royalties shall be transferred to members’ Bank Accounts. Amounts of 2000.00(two thousand shillings only) and below will be paid via mpesa.
- Only members who are 1 year and above in the society and have been successfully vetted will qualify for the distribution.
We collect and distribute royalties for the exploitation of Performing and Reproduction rights of Authors (songwriters), Composers, Publishers and Arrangers of copyrighted musical works.
MCSK controlled catalogue (repertoire) has over 33 Million musical works together with details of over 2 Million audiovisual productions from over 7,000 Kenyan Musicians (Deeds of Assignments) and over 120 Affiliate (Associate) Societies (Reciprocal Agreements) from across the world.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN TO ALL USERS OF MUSIC & MCSK LICENSEES THAT:
HON. MR. JUSTICE G.V. ODUNGA; In Chambers on 23rd February 2017, UPON READING the Statutory Statement and Verifying Affidavit of 22nd February 2017 together with annextures thereto, AND WHEREAS this matter came up exparte in Chambers; ORDERED THAT:
- 3.“STAY IS HEREBY GRANTED TO THE APPLICANT (MCSK) IN THE NATURE OF A CONSERVATORY ORDERS SUSPENDING THE DECISION TO DECLINE RENEWAL OF THEIR LICENSE BY THE RESPONDENT (KeCoBo) IN OTHER WORDS pending THE HEARING AND DETERMINATION OF THE MOTION THE APPLICANT’S (MCSK) LICENSE WILL BE DEEMED TO BE VALID UNTIL FURTHER ORDERS OF THIS COURT.”
MUSIC COPYRIGHT SOCIETY OF KENYA (MCSK) would like, on behalf of all copyright owners of the music in its catalogue, to thank all Users of music who have a valid license to exploit musical works in compliance with the provisions of The Copyright Act 2001, Laws of Kenya. For those who do not have valid license are requested to get one from any MCSK offices countrywide
THE COURT ORDER MAY BE VIEWED AT HERE