Notice to all MCSK Members
Notice is hereby given that MCSK shall be holding Seminars within ALL the Regions.
The agenda items shall be as follows:-
- 1.Introduction of the newly elected Directors.
- 2.Demonstration of the workings of the new monitoring system (Vericast).
- 3.Education of the members on the Digital Rights Management (DRM).
- 4.Launching of the Mechanical Rights Agreement and enlightenment of members on its contents.
- 5.Payment of the General Distribution Coefficient of KES.5000.
- 6.Auditing and Vetting of members.
The dates and venues for the meetings is as listed:-
DATE REGION VENUE
22nd to 24th July 2015 RIFT VALLEY REGION CHRIST THE KING CATHEDRAL-NAKURU
27th to 29TH July 2015 WESTERN REGION FRIENDS HOTEL-KAKAMEGA
5th to 7th August 2015 NYANZA REGION KISUMU HOTEL - KISUMU
11th to 13th August 2015 EASTERN REGION MACHAKOS UNIVERSITY COLLEGE - MACHAKOS
18th to 20th August 2015 COAST REGION METHODIST CHURCH HALL-TONONOKA
25TH to 27th August 2015 CENTRAL REGION YMCA HALL- NYERI
9TH to 11th Sept 2015 NAIROBI REGION NYAYO STADIUM; BASKETBALL COURT
1. The allocation of activities within the regions will be as follows:-
Day 1 - Regional Seminar.
Day 2 and 3 – Auditing and Vetting Exercise.
SKIZA FACTS FOR ARTISTS
|When you get paid via PRS (old system)|
|PRS Pays you half of that||7%|
|When you get paid via CMO (new system)|
|CMO Pays you full amount||15%|
|You get paid double via CMO. Do not sign any Petition by a PRS Company|
It has come to our attention, artistes are being misinformed about the deal that will be signed between Safaricom and the three CMO's. why sign petitions to earn less. check out the new skiza deal for the best rates ever. this is good news for our artists!
Why MCSK royalties haven’t been approved
Matters in court have made it impossible for Music Copyright Society of Kenya (MCSK) officials to hold a board meeting and approve royalties’ distribution to members, which was supposed happen this month.
This follows a court issue surrounding this year's MCSK elections that took place about two months ago and based on the matters in court, we are unable to make members' distributions.